Vision, Aims & Values
Gascoigne Primary School is an inclusive and diverse school at the heart of the Gascoigne community.
All staff are committed to providing a high quality education which promotes achievement in a secure, positive and stimulating environment. We value respect for the individual, encouraging full participation of children, staff, parents, governors and the wider community.
Everyone is valued as individuals and staff achieve success for the pupils and themselves. As a team, they share expertise, knowledge and skills. All staff at Gascoigne Primary strongly value the partnership between home, school and the community.
Primary Alliance Collaborative Engagement
Gascoigne Primary became part of the PACE Trust in April 2016; we work collaboratively with seven other primary schools: Valence, Becontree, Henry Green, William Bellamy, Southwood, Five Elms and Grafton. For more information about the Trust - visit About Us / PACE Trust.
Our principal aims are:
- To create a happy, organised, well-disciplined school with an atmosphere conducive to learning;
- To encourage children to play a full part in their school and wider community by developing an understanding of cultural and racial diversity;
- To promote good relationships amongst all members of the school community;
- To raise children's expectations of their own performance;
- To help children appreciate the achievements and aspirations of others;
- To celebrate the individuality of each child and to provide equal opportunities for them to learn and develop;
- To teach children to use language, mathematics and science confidently and effectively;
- To help children develop enquiring minds, strategies to question and debate rationally and the ability to tackle problems in all areas of the school curriculum;
- To help children acquire knowledge, skills and concepts to develop independent learning;
- To develop in children a respect for religious and moral values and tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life.
The school aims to provide: a personal point of contact for every child and their parents; to offer support and guidance for the children’s development and achievements and to monitor the children’s progress and achievement.
The overall school philosophy is to promote positive behaviour through praise. Politeness, kindness and consideration for others are desired at all times.
Further information about Gascoigne's Behaviour and Self-Regulation Policy can be found in 'Key Info/School Policies'.
Each Year Group has been allocated a colour; each of the five classes within the Year Group have been named a colour in our top seven languages spoken by the children who attend Gascoigne Primary.
We have disabled access at both sites with lifts and medical rooms; each medical room is fitted with hoists. Disabled pupils can access all areas of the school on both sites.