Any vacancies at Gascoigne Primary School will be shown below.
Caretaker / Grounds Maintenance
The Headteacher and Governing Body are looking to appoint a hardworking, friendly and flexible
individual with a good work ethic to join our dedicated and inclusive team.
Gascoigne is a large, vibrant and diverse 5 form entry primary school in East London growing to 7
forms of entry across two sites. We have fantastic pupils who are respectful and well behaved and
are constantly striving to achieve their full potential. We work hard to ensure we create a very
nurturing and supportive climate in our school in order to enable our talented pupils to flourish.
Previous caretaking experience isn’t essential, but a good understanding of a school’s requirements
would be an advantage.
Responsibilities will include:
• Locking and alarming both school sites.
• Carrying out day-to-day maintenance and repairs;
• Making sure that the school grounds, across both sites, are well presented;
• Maintain fences/boundaries ensuring they are secure and safe;
• Checking the premises to guard against vandalism or break-ins;
• Porterage duties;
• Develop new planting with a focus also on perennial borders and shrubberies;
• Regular maintenance and safe use of gardening equipment and machinery;
• Gardening including maintaining lawns.
Interested applicants may have:
• An awareness of health, safety, security and hygiene issues;
• Excellent practical skills;
• A positive attitude to team work and the flexibility needed for working in a school environment;
• Self-motivation and the ability to work unsupervised;
• Physical fitness;
• Experience of working with machinery and tools;
The application pack is at the bottom of this page.
To discuss the post further, arrange a visit to the school or return your completed application, please email: Mr Richard Puttnam: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact us by phone on 020 8270 4291.
Closing date: Monday 6th November 2023 (1pm)
Interview date for shortlisted candidates: Tuesday 14th November 2023
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people; this post is
exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring
Service and social media checks undertaken on all applicants