Good morning Year One, and what a wonderful Wednesday it's shaping up to be!
Today, we are continuing with our story 'The Colour of Home' by Mary Hoffman. Please get comfy and have another read through of the story with an adult..
LO: To write simple sentences.
I can answer comprehension questions.
I can give my opinion.
I can use capital letters, full stops and finger spaces.
Hassan, war, refugee, painting, school.
Today, we would like you to use the story 'The Colour of Home' to answer some reading comprehension questions. Remember, all the answers are in the story - you just need to find the reading clues 😉
1. Which country did Hassan flee from?
2. Why did he leave?
3. Where did he go once he had left his country?
4. How did he feel when hye started his new school?
5. Did you like his first painting? Why/why not?
6. How did you feel about his second painting? Why?
Make sure to present your answers in full sentences with capital letters, full stops and finger spaces. Then don't forget to send it in on SeeSaw!
Best of luck, Year One!