Home learning, Bug Club, TT Rockstars and MyMaths
Please ensure you are completing your weekly home learning set every Friday as well as using Bug Club, TT Rockstars or MyMaths daily. If you are unsure of your log in details, contact your teacher on Teams or Seesaw.
Cold write: To write a non-chronological report on King Henry VIII.
Today, you will be writing your non-chronological report on King Henry VIII.
You need to:
1. Write out your non-chronological report on King Henry VIII using your planning sheet, the success criteria and any resources provided.
2. Edit your writing, using the success criteria to help you. Try to use the features as correctly as you can. Do not worry if you are unsure of any of the features as your teacher will teach you the features later on in the week. Please ensure you are using capital letters . , ? ' and ! correctly. It is also important that you are joining your handwriting and spellings words correctly.
LO: To find out how the Tudors came to power.
Here is what you need to do:
1) Think, and share your ideas of what you already know about the Tudors?.
Complete the KWL grid of what you’d like to learn during this topic, and what you already know about the Tudors.
2) Go through the slides on PowerPoint 1 (To find out who the Tudors were and when they lived) explaining what a family tree is and how they work. Look at the picture of Henry VIII on the slides. Do you know who this person is? How long ago do you think he lived? What makes you think that? Discuss who Henry VIII was and when he lived, then go through the information about the Tudor family. Look at the picture of the Tudor family tree. Can you explain what this diagram shows?
3) Read the PowerPoint 2 - The Battle of Bosworth explaining how and when the Tudor’s came to power. Discuss who were the main characters? Who won the battle? How were the two houses of Lancaster and York were brought together?
4) Imagine you are one of Henry Tudor’s knight. Write a diary about your experiences during the Battle of Bosworth. Use the PPT to help you describe the location and what happened. Talk about how you were feeling or what you were thinking during the event.
LO: To explore percussion.
In this lesson you are going to explore the different types of percussion. To access the learning, please use the following weblink: https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/exploring-percussion-chk66t