The KS2 Nurture Team are here to listen and help you to:
What is Nurture?
The concept of Nurture highlights the importance of social environments - who you're with, and not, who you're born to - and its significant influence on behaviour and cognitive ability. Children and young people that have a good start in life have a whole host of advantages over those who don't have such positive experiences at home when they are little. Then tend to do better at school, attend regularly, enjoy activities with friends and are less likely to offend or experience problems with poor physical and mental health. Nurture groups offer an opportunity to learn the early nurturing experiences some children and young people lack, giving them the skills to do well in school, make friends and deal more confidently and calmly with the trials and tribulations of life, for life. (Nurture Group Network)
There are 6 principles of Nurture:
1) We will understand how you learn, tell you what to do next and help you to succeed.
2) We will make sure you feel comfortable, safe and happy in school.
3) We are listening to you when you feel angry, sad, worried or confused.
4) Our school is a safe place.
5) Talking about things and listening to others is important to us all.
6) Change is hard sometimes, but it can be good.