Please log on to:
BUG CLUB ACTIVELEARN PRIMARY by clicking on the link below:
Remember to use your reading skills:
- Fred Talk unfamiliar words. E.g- f-r-o-g
- Slide the syllables together. E.g fr og becomes frog.
- Chunk new words before putting them together to read. E.g book-let becomes booklet
- Refer to the illustrations (pictures) for clues
- Use the Read to me function to listen to the pronunciation of difficult words.
- Re-read words and sentences you’re unsure of to grasp the meaning.
- Most of all, write down new vocabulary and search for their meaning in dictionaries.
- Make sure you answer all the comprehension questions (quiz questions). This will help you to interpret the meaning of what you have read and also to practise your decoding skills.
Lesson Objective: To review a story.
- I can listen attentively to a story
- I can take turns
- I can use because
Vocabulary: opinion, review, story, favorite, like, dislike.
- Re-read the story
2. Review ‘The Tiger Who Came to tea’ by answering the questions below:
- How did you feel about the story?
- Would you change anything?
- How would you have preferred the story to end?
- Which character was your favourite?
- Which character did you dislike?