Please log on to:
BUG CLUB ACTIVELEARN PRIMARY by clicking on the link below:
Remember to use your reading skills:
- Fred Talk unfamiliar words. E.g- f-r-o-g
- Slide the syllables together. E.g fr og becomes frog.
- Chunk new words before putting them together to read. E.g book-let becomes booklet
- Refer to the illustrations (pictures) for clues
- Use the Read to me function to listen to the pronunciation of difficult words.
- Re-read words and sentences you’re unsure of to grasp the meaning.
- Most of all, write down new vocabulary and search for their meaning in dictionaries.
- Make sure you answer all the comprehension questions (quiz questions). This will help you to interpret the meaning of what you have read and also to practise your decoding skills.
Lesson Objective: To re-tell a story-beg/middle/end
- I can retell a story
- I can use key vocabulary in my answers
- I can use 'because' to explain my answer
Vocabulary: beginning, middle, end, problem, solution, characters.
- Recap what each part of a story is for; beginning to introduce the characters, middle to tell us the problem and the end to give a solution to the problem.
- Do you like how the characters resolved the problem? (Why/why not?)
- How many different solutions can you think of to end the story ‘The Tiger Who Came to Tea’?
- Can you retell the story with your different endings?
- Did this story happen in real life? How do you know?
- Do all made-up stories have a beginning, middle and end? Can you tell a story you know following the structure of a story?