Please log on to:
BUG CLUB ACTIVELEARN PRIMARY by clicking on the link below:
Remember to use your reading skills:
- Fred Talk unfamiliar words. E.g- f-r-o-g
- Slide the syllables together. E.g fr og becomes frog.
- Chunk new words before putting them together to read. E.g book-let becomes booklet
- Refer to the illustrations (pictures) for clues
- Use the Read to me function to listen to the pronunciation of difficult words.
- Re-read words and sentences you’re unsure of to grasp the meaning.
- Most of all, write down new vocabulary and search for their meaning in dictionaries.
- Make sure you answer all the comprehension questions (quiz questions). This will help you to interpret the meaning of what you have read and also to practise your decoding skills.
Lesson Objective: To understand a story structure.
- I can listen attentively to a story
- I can take turns
- I can retell a story
Vocabulary: beginning, middle, end, problem, solution, characters.
- Re-read the story.
The features of the different parts in a story are:
Beginning – we meet the characters
Middle – we learn about the problem (something goes wrong) in the story
End – we discover the solution to that problem.
2. Use the pictures in the slides and what you know about the features of a story to answer the questions in the activity.