Principles, The Gascoigne Treasures and Learning Missions
How does our Curriculum Intent drive our choice of curriculum content?
- The Gascoigne Curriculum is understood as the "Gascoigne Quest" for pupils - a quest to develop as a kind, conscientious and successful citizen of the world, now and tomorrow.
- Each Curriculum Principle comprises of 4 Gascoigne Treasures. These detail the expected character developments that we are seeking to achieve for our pupils.
- Within each year group the Gascoigne Treasures are sought to be acquired as appropriate to the developmental stage of the child.
- Curriculum content is grouped together under a Learning Mission which articulates the personal developments that the pupils will encounter through accessing the learning.
- Therefore, the "Learning Missions" detail how each curriculum unit studied will enable them to acquire the specified "Gascoigne Treasure" for that unit.
- We continually review our choice of curriculum content, in consultation with pupils and parents, to ensure that maximum relevance and benefit for our pupils.