Please log on to:
BUG CLUB ACTIVELEARN PRIMARY by clicking on the link below:
Read your available BUG CLUB BOOK and answer the comprehension questions.
Remember to use your reading skills:
- Fred Talk unfamiliar words. E.g- f-r-o-g
- Slide the syllables together. E.g fr og becomes frog.
- Chunk new words before putting them together to read. E.g book-let becomes booklet
- Refer to the illustrations (pictures) for clues
- Use the Read to me function to listen to the pronunciation of difficult words.
- Re-read words and sentences you’re unsure of to grasp the meaning.
- Most of all, write down new vocabulary and search for their meaning in dictionaries.
- Make sure you answer all the comprehension questions (quiz questions). This will help you to interpret the meaning of what you have read and also to practise your decoding skills.
Whole class reading-reading and discussing text, speaking and listening.
Text of the week: Lima's Red Hot Chilli by David Mills and Derek Brazell