What does teaching look like in our classrooms, nurture rooms and playgrounds?
- Appropriate challenge for all pupils, so every child can make progress.
- Teacher modelling through effective use of ‘teacher talk’ time, so every child sees what is expected.
- Being appropriately and readily resourced, so every child starts learning fast.
- Varied questioning, so every child is thinking.
- Purposeful interaction both between adults and pupils, and between pupils, so every child learns through communicating.
- Guided group teaching, so every child is taught with a clear focus.
- A learning environment which clearly aids learning, so every child can find help.
- Enthusiasm allied with a fun, memorable and irresistible delivery, content and outcome, so every child participates.
- Clear success criteria to be reviewed through the lesson, so every child knows how to be successful.
- A review of the learning at the end of the lesson, so every child knows key words and ideas.
- Involvement of all the pupils, so every child is valued.
- Excellent behaviour management, so every child can learn.
- Opportunities for independent learning, so every child learns good learning habits.
- Effective marking and feedback, so every child knows how to improve.
- Gascoigne Primary School
- Gascoigne Road, Barking, Essex, IG11 7DR
- 020 8270 4291 (Gascoigne Road Site) / 4292 (The Shaftesburys Site)